Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Choosing a list of scripts (NSE), but ignored by nmap.

From: Richard Miles <richard.k.miles () googlemail com>
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2009 16:29:21 -0500

Hi Ron, Brandon and David! Thanks for help.

Ron, it's executing some scripts, see:

SCRIPT ENGINE: Initialized 44 rules
SCRIPT ENGINE: Matching rules.
SCRIPT ENGINE: Will run /usr/share/nmap/scripts/promiscuous.nse against 10.0.0.2
SCRIPT ENGINE: Will run /usr/share/nmap/scripts/nbstat.nse against 10.0.0.2
SCRIPT ENGINE: Will run /usr/share/nmap/scripts/SSHv1-support.nse
against 10.0.0.2
SCRIPT ENGINE: Will run /usr/share/nmap/scripts/showSSHVersion.nse
against 10.0.0.2
SCRIPT ENGINE: Will run /usr/share/nmap/scripts/rpcinfo.nse against 10.0.0.2
SCRIPT ENGINE: Will run
/usr/share/nmap/scripts/RealVNC_auth_bypass.nse against 10.0.0.2
SCRIPT ENGINE: Running scripts.
SCRIPT ENGINE: Runlevel: 1.000000

But see what strange. The port 139 and 445 tcp is opened, and it's not
running the netbios-smb-os-discovery for example.

Also, I updated it again, the script.db it with the today date. But
look that strange, I do not have the script for example to check for
conflicker. Wired not?

Brandon thanks for the trick, I made it, but the result is the same.

David, no other install. I looked manual to this dirs and also made a
find in all the disc, only this nmap install.

Thanks.