Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Ncrack output

From: ithilgore <ithilgore.ryu.l () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2009 05:04:43 +0300

ithilgore wrote:
Hello nmap-dev.

I have already began building Ncrack's output engine and I am at the point where
I need to decide about the output format. Ncrack is going to support
normal(plain), greppable and XML modes of output. For the time being, I am going
to focus on plain and greppable.

PLAIN:

This output should be easily read by humans and could be similar to that of
Nmap's. For now, I was thinking about one of the following formats:

a)

Login pairs found on 10.0.0.10:
PORT      SERVICE    VERSION     LOGIN
21/tcp    ftp        proftpd     root/toor guest/test bob/asdf123
23/tcp    telnet     cisco       root/root
25/tcp    smtp       ?           NONE
80/tcp    http       Apache      admin/admin

I just saw that there are some alignment issues (when this thread is viewed at
seclists) due to the mailman's conversions I suppose, but you can imagine that
everything will be properly aligned like Nmap's output tables are.

-- ithilgore