Nmap Development mailing list archives

Last 18 Hours to apply for Nmap GSoC!

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2009 19:18:55 -0700

Hi All.  I wanted to send a last-minute note to remind everyone who
can to apply for Nmap (and/or other projects) for Google SoC!  The
deadline is 19:00 UTC (Noon PDT) TOMORROW!  So it's down to the last
17 hours.  We have some great applications already, but would love to
see more!  We're going to begin serious review of the apps tomorrow
after they are all in.

Note that while Google extended the deadline in each of the last two
years, they are now saying that "We're not extending the
deadline. Period."  So be sure to get them in on time!

If you know of any college/grad students who might be interested in
applying, now is your final chance to give them a nudge!

While of course we encourage everyone to apply to Nmap, other great
security organizations are participating.  And you do increase your
chances by applying for multiple orgs (as long as you put the time in
to write great apps for each).  A great group of security projects
are participating this year:

Tor Anonymizing Proxy - http://socghop.appspot.com/org/show/google/gsoc2009/eff
Freenet Anonymity System - http://socghop.appspot.com/org/show/google/gsoc2009/freenet
Honeynet Project - http://socghop.appspot.com/org/show/google/gsoc2009/honeynet