Nmap Development mailing list archives

Nmap dev branch open for business!

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 02:56:50 -0700

Hi All.  First off, I'm shocked that we haven't found any serious
problems with Nmap 4.85BETA10.  I hope that means it is
super-high-quality software, but I suspect that not everyone has
tested as thoroughly as they possibly can.  Please do upgrade to this
new version, give it a whirl, and speak up if you find problems!  You
can get it from the normal SVN location or
http://nmap.org/download.html.

Since we're now in a deep stability freeze, we're only putting in
important bug fixes (and some really trivial fixes such as man page or
comment typos) in the /nmap trunk.  But people keep producing new and
valuable patches, so I've created a dev repository to hold those for a
week or two until the stability freeze is over.  You can find it at:

svn://svn.insecure.org/nmap-exp/dev/nmap

Other than the location above, instructions are the same as the Normal
Nmap SVN (http://nmap.org/book/install.html#inst-svn).  It was
branched from r13793.

Keep in mind that stabilizing the main /nmap branch is the highest
priority now.  So if you find yourself torn between testing and bug
fixing of /nmap or writing new code for nmap-exp/dev/nmap, please
choose the former.

Even though it is in nmap-exp, be careful what you put into
nmap-exp/dev/nmap.  Treat it with the same care you would normally use
for changes to /nmap.

Anyone is welcome to merge the latest from /nmap into
/nmap-exp/dev/nmap whenever you get the urge.  Be sure to start where
the last merge left off and note the relevant revision numbers in the
commit comment.

Cheers,
-F