Nmap Development mailing list archives

A Problem with Nmap - All Ports are classified as open no matter what IP address I scan

From: Professor 0110 <professor0110 () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2009 18:33:59 +1000

Hi everyone,
I've been having this problem ever since I started using Nmap, but I haven't
decided to ask for professional help until now.

Anyway, my problem is, whenever I scan an IP address with Nmap it classifies
all ports as open, and ports 135, 139 and 445 as filtered. The only
exception to this case is when i scan my LAN . I am on a satellite broadband
connection. However, whenever I use an alternate broadband connection, the
Nmap scan works as it should and only identifies ports that are open.

I ran a packet trace from the Nmap command line while scanning an IP address
on the satellite broadband connection, and I received a SYN-ACK for all
ports Nmap scanned.

This is starting to get annoying, and I'm not sure how I can rectify this
problem.

Any help on this matter will be dearly appreciated!

Thank you,

Professor 0110