Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: PangoWarning Error when launching Zenmap

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 12:04:31 -0600

On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 07:40:45PM -0400, Jeffrey Van Dam wrote:
Nmap is working perfectly but I am unable to launch Zenmap. Not a big
deal but I just wanted to report it to you, as I have been unable to
figure it out. I am running version 4.85Beta9 on Mac OS X 10.5.7. Here
is part of the console log:

5/26/09 7:25:40 PM [0x0-0xb40b4].org.insecure.Zenmap[2485] /
Applications/Zenmap.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python2.5/site-
packages.zip/zenmapGUI/TargetCombo.py:45: PangoWarning: Error loading
GDEF table 0x6EAD

also the same error with GPOS, and GSUB tables. I have tried
reinstalling xcode tools, macports, glib, and many of the suggestions
found through searches. I think it has to do with missing fonts or font
tables but alas, it is over my head. I can send the crash log too if that
is needed.

Thanks for the report. I haven't seen this error before. Reinstalling
MacPorts and Xcode probably will not have an effect because the Zenmap
application bundle contains all the libraries it needs inside it.

I'll upgrade to 10.5.7 and use that to build the next release. Maybe
that will solve the problem.

You could also try deleting the file
/Applications/Zenmap.app/Contents/Resources/etc/gtk-2.0/gtkrc, to use
the default GTK+ font instead of Lucida Grande.

David Fifield