Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Scanning for WebDAV vulns

From: Ron <ron () skullsecurity net>
Date: Wed, 20 May 2009 15:48:35 -0500

Hi again,

We've made a number of updates to the script, mostly written by a friend of mine, including:
1) Adding support for discovering whether or not WebDAV is enabled
2) Checking if root folder is protected (we can't do checks if it is)
3) We support Windows XP (IIS 5.1) now.

I've committed that change to SVN if anybody wants to give it a try -- please test it if you can, and let me know if you get any weird errors. We tried to account for every situation.

Also, if anybody knows how to exploit this on IIS 5.0 (Windows 2000), please let me know -- we couldn't figure out a way.

Ron