Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Status #4 of 17

From: Corey Chandler <lists () sequestered net>
Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 00:08:19 -0700

Fyodor wrote:
On Mon, May 18, 2009 at 11:50:01PM -0700, Corey Chandler wrote:
J Marlow wrote:
Hi all,
Got zenmap running on Mac OS
Sorry-- I didn't realize you were having issues with this. It took me a few days to figure out the magic sauce; now I have a script that does it for me every time I rebuild from svn. I can provide it if anyone has interest.

Sure!  Please post the script and any useful details to nmap-dev.

Someone made a post about a year ago that got a bit dated, so I updated it when I got this laptop.

The trick is to install py25-gtk and py25-sqlite3 from macports (www.macports.org)

This is something you have to do once, then forget it until the next time you install MacOS.

After that, I have a script called "updatenmap" that's quite simply:

#!/bin/bash
cd ~/sources/nmap
svn up && ./configure && make PYTHON=/opt/local/bin/python2.5 && sudo make install && sudo make distclean
/usr/local/bin/nmap -V

It prompts for a password at the "sudo make install," runs another 15 seconds or so, and then "sudo zenmap" works like a charm (provided /usr/local/bin is in your $PATH).

--
Corey Chandler / KB1JWQ
Living Legend / Systems Exorcist