Nmap Development mailing list archives

OpenVAS Developer Conference: inviting nmap

From: "Jan-Oliver Wagner" <Jan-Oliver.Wagner () greenbone net>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 15:01:06 +0200

Dear nmap developers,

the OpenVAS project (www.openvas.org) holds a developer's conference
July 9-12 2009 in Osnabrück, Germany.
  http://www.openvas.org/openvas-devcon2.html

It will be about 10-15 developers, including almost all major contributors.
Main focus is planning structures for the growing community and planning
the 3.0 release of OpenVAS.

An important aspect for 3.0 to discuss is a much tighter combination with nmap.
We like to integrate nmap's service detection, nse and a far better port scanning.

Since we like to have a invited talk at the beginning of our conference, we would
very much appreciate a nmap insider to give a talk about current state and future
plans of nmap.
Perhaps some ideas on a tighter coupling could already be exchanged
and concepts worked out as well.

In case it is interesting/doable for someone of the nmap team, please let us know.

We have a user's workshop prior to the developer conference. The revenues
are spend on helping students/private members to join us and to reimburse travel
expenses of the invited talk.

All the best

        Jan