Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: ncat.exe 4.85BETA7 and windows xp

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 13:42:01 -0600

On Tue, Apr 07, 2009 at 11:37:37AM +0200, hp wrote:
Great to see this in the nmap package. I'm using the former nc.exe to talk
to my router like:
nc.exe -i 2s routerip 23 <command.lst
In ncat.exe the -i option has no effect and does not delay the commands
from
command.lst. The old nc.exe delays every piped line from command.lst with
-i seconds.
Is this intended? or a feature?

The option to do that with Ncat is -d (--delay), not -i. However it
doesn't work linewise, it sends whatever is in its buffer in a block.

Should Ncat's reads from stdin be linewise? I think that's possible, we
just have to include a check against lines of unbounded length.

David Fifield