Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: article about Conficker says nmap can be used to discover it

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 10:49:19 -0700

On Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 12:23:53PM -0500, DePriest, Jason R. wrote:
The Register has a story here:
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/03/30/conficker_signature_discovery/
that claims nmap has "signatures" coming soon to sniff out Conficker
infected systems.

I can't find anything in the nmap mailing list archives to validate this.

Who's been working on it?  Is it going to be an NSE script?

It is in the svn now.  I'm working on a 4.85BETA5 release in the next
hour or two, but for now you can find instructions on running it from
SVN here:

http://www.skullsecurity.org/blog/?p=209

If anyone is able to test this, please do report your results!  As
we've been pretty rushed since we just found out about the technique
yesterday.

Cheers,
-F