Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: ncat udp

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 13:24:36 -0600

On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 01:07:21PM -0600, David Fifield wrote:
Measuring idleness with --exec would be difficult, because we currently
give up control of the socket when we hand it to the child process. I
can see a solution where we fork off a "caretaker" process that shuttles
data to and from the child process (like we do in a thread under
Windows) and can measure for idleness. This is rather cumbersome, but it
would also enable --exec to work with --ssl, which it doesn't currently.

This would also allow the logging options (--output and --hex-dump) to
work with --exec and --sh-exec.

David Fifield