Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: libdnet SCTP changes committed upstream

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 16:43:14 -0700

On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 04:12:45PM +0100, Daniel Roethlisberger wrote:
FYI: I've just committed my SCTP additions in nmap-sctp's
libdnet-stripped to Dug Song's libdnet repository.  I will be
maintaining the SCTP changes to libdnet in parallel while Nmap's
SCTP features are under development.  I'll make changes to
libdnet code in the nmap-sctp tree first, and then merge them to
upstream libdnet later (subject to Dug's code review).

This involves a bit of patch juggling, but will make updating
libnet-stripped to future libdnet releases easier.  It also means
that the libdnet changes meet Dug's quality standard and that
other libdnet consumers can begin to use (and extend) the code.

That sounds good!  Merging patches upstream is almost always
preferable, though as you can see from
nmap/libdnet-stripped/NMAP_MODIFICATIONS, we haven't always done a
good job at that.  OTOH, they could always take the initiative and
apply those of our patches which they agree with.

Cheers,
-F