Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Nmap 4.85BETA4 released!

From: Joel H <htmlgecko () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2009 19:41:00 -0700

o Doug performed one of the largest version detection integration runs
 ever, processing 1,746 submissions and 18 corrections.  We are now
 current with all submissions up to February 3.  Keep them coming.
 The version detection database has grown to 5,476 signatures for 510
 application protocols. Doug posted his notes on the integration at
 http://hcsw.org/blog.pl/37.  We now have 1,868 http server
 signatures, and the number of gopher signatures has bumped up from 5
 to 6.

Took a quick look at the notes and noticed a mention of China's firewall
blocking telnet. I live in Shanghai and I'd be glad to help provide some
fingerprints if anyone is interested.