Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Can't search thorugh Zenmap

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 13:07:06 -0600

On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 07:19:03AM -0400, Neil Higginbotham wrote:
I keep getting a scan fail when I use the Zenmap interface e.g
"Failed nmap -F -S -T4 www.site.com". with a line going through it.
Nmap is working fine so its not related to that.  I'm wondering if
there is any configuration in Zenmap for using the namp api, i just
couldn't find anything.  Thanks.

Your command line has an error. The -S (source address) option takes an
argument, so it interprets -T4 as being a source address. You probably
see an error message like

Failed to resolve/decode supposed IPv4 source address -T4. Note that if you are using IPv6, the -6 argument must come
before -S
QUITTING!

Provide a source address or remove the -S option and the scan will work.

Incidentally, the Zenmap profile editor can help debug command line
issues like this. Open the profile editor and type "nmap -F -S -T4
www.site.com" in the Command box. Then on the Source tab, you will see
that "-T4" is in the box for -S. Type in a proper source address and the
display will fix itself, and -T4 will move over to Scan tab where you
intended it.

David Fifield