Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Follow up to NSE issues -- procedure to reproduce

From: Patrick Donnelly <batrick () batbytes com>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 11:02:58 -0700

Hi David,

On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 10:10 AM, David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>wrote:

So now what to do about it? We could store with each script thread a
list of pending Nsock event IDs, and cancel them all with
nsock_event_cancel whenever a process is finalized.

David Fifield

Well now knowing how to correct the problem, the solution is fairly
straightforward. We can't rely on any sort of gc detection as a user may
save a copy of the thread for some reason. We will need to add a call (to
the nse_nsock) library to perform cleanup on the thread to destroy pending
nsock events.

--
-Patrick Donnelly

"One of the lessons of history is that nothing is often a good thing to do
and always a clever thing to say."