Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [umit-devel] UmitBT 0.8 released

From: Adriano Marques <py.adriano () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2009 09:11:20 +0100

Hello Fyodor,

I'll leave Devtar to answer all your questions regarding the BT,
because he is the author of the project. But I have one remark ;-)

I've CC'd nmap-dev in case some of them want to take a look at UmitBT.
Just as with WiFi detectors such as Kismet, I do think Bluetooth
discovery tools are important.  Adding it to Umit still strikes me as
a bit strange (just as UmitWeb does), but that doesn't make it any
less interesting or less worth trying out!

Umit BT is not part of the main interface. It is a separated app.
Also, the Umit Org's goal is to offer networking tools, and we decided
not to focus only in scanning. Therefore, we have a Package
Manipulation Interface, a Network Inventory, Bluetooth Scanner, Web
Interface and others yet to come. So, when you think of Umit, think of
it as an org with networking tools and not only the scanning
interface. That's our goal ;-)

Thanks for your remarks and excitement on one of our tools!

Kind Regards,

--
Adriano Monteiro Marques

http://adriano-marques.blogspot.com
http://www.umitproject.org
http://www.pythonbenelux.org

"Don't stay in bed, unless you can make money in bed." - George Burns