Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Implement the Ndos tool into the next version of Nmap

From: Duarte Silva <duartejcsilva () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 11:16:18 +0000

Hi,

A DoS attack from a single network connection is not enough in a
pentesting situation.DoS attacks from a single connection no longer
work in the modern

If you could care to read that chapter in what I think to be one of the
"Stealing The Network" series book (I didn't click the link you
provided), you can read that, ndos as a big flaw, witch is the fact that
the user cant spoof its IP address in order to use the many *cool* DoS
features in it (resource exhaustion by file request? leaving connections
half completed?). Second, ndos isn't a DDoS tool (maybe could be made
into one? don't know).
You were the one to write,

So, please include the Ndos tool in Nmap. I would greatly appreciate
it for
education purposes.

And for this, a simple non firewall protected web server on a local lan
with a simple SYN packet sender utility will suffice. Once again you
would be able to teach the *class* the basics of DoS and demonstrate the
results.  The hell, even DDoS.

Professor 0110 is my online alias. All hackers white, black or gray
should have one.

I can't help myself to wonder why... you choose to use *your* alias to
send this message.

I'm off to weekend, best regards and have fun,
Duarte