Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [NSE] pwdump script

From: Ron <ron () skullsecurity net>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 18:17:56 -0600

David Fifield wrote:

Sorry, you totally mentioned that but somehow I missed it.

You said: "...finding a tool that can remotely dump hashes from Linux
isn't easy (Metasploit is one way, but it's even more invasive than
this)." If this has a chance to become the standard Unix-based hash
grabber then it's worth pursuing. I agree there's a big difference
between logging in with a user name you know and exploiting some
vulnerability to get the hashes.

David Fifield

Yeah, I'd really like to figure out what's going on. A lot of the work
I've done in the past 2-3 weeks (pretty much all my commits that aren't
related to smb-brute -- some where for extended security and others for
message signing) were failed attempts to make it work.

I'll keep trying, though!

Ron

--
Ron Bowes