Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Documentation Request for 4.85 on Windows

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2009 13:47:16 -0800

On Tue, Feb 03, 2009 at 03:02:24PM -0600, DePriest, Jason R. wrote:
Would it be possible to include the nroff man pages for nmap, zenmap,
ncat, and ndiff with the Window redistributable?

Unfortunately, most Windows users don't have man page readers
installed.  But almost all of them have web browsers, so we keep HTML
versions of all these man pages available online:

Nmap: http://nmap.org/book/man.html
Zenmap: http://nmap.org/zenmap/man.html
Ncat: http://nmap.org/ncat/man.html
Ndiff: http://nmap.org/ndiff/man.html

The online versions can have links to other documentation, etc.  They
are also automatically kept up to date.

When it was just nmap, I could always wget the man page from the
insecure.org site, but I don't see the zenmap, ncat or ndiff man pages
up there yet.

Perhaps we should put them all in http://nmap.org/data/.  But for now,
they are in the tarballs and also available from SVN.  For Windows
users who want the nroff man pages, maybe SVN is the best way to get
them?

Cheers,
-F