Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: when the new version will appear in gentoo portage?

From: Brandon Enright <bmenrigh () ucsd edu>
Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2009 06:31:48 +0000

I'm not sure what you mean regarding the kernel source version requirement. Nmap is portable enough that it doesn't have a kernel version dependency. I've been running 2.6.26 kernels with Nmap with great success due to some new features and bug fixes with the e1000e driver.

Brandon

Sent from my phone. If you would like a digital signature for this email let me know and I will sign it later.