Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Nmap 4.85BETA2

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 22:40:54 -0800

Hi Folks.  For those of you who wait for the first fixes before trying
a new release, here is your chance!  I've rebuild 4.85BETA1 with the
latest miscellaneous changes, plus a temporary fix for the libsvg
problem which has been causing us so much grief.  I still think we
should find a better solution, but I'm hoping that this will at least
hide the problem for now so that we can test the rest of the release.
I haven't heard of many other bugs.

Here are the goods:

SOURCE TARBALLS:
http://nmap.org/dist/nmap-4.85BETA2.tar.bz2
http://nmap.org/dist/nmap-4.85BETA2.tgz

WINDOWS:
http://nmap.org/dist/nmap-4.85BETA2-setup.exe
http://nmap.org/dist/nmap-4.85BETA2-win32.zip

MAC OS X:
Not available yet, but you can still get and test BETA1 here:
http://nmap.org/dist/nmap-4.85BETA1.dmg

RPMS (LINUX):
http://nmap.org/dist/nmap-4.85BETA2-1.src.rpm
http://nmap.org/dist/nmap-4.85BETA2-1.i386.rpm
http://nmap.org/dist/ncat-4.85BETA2-1.i386.rpm
http://nmap.org/dist/nmap-4.85BETA2-1.x86_64.rpm
http://nmap.org/dist/ncat-4.85BETA2-1.x86_64.rpm
http://nmap.org/dist/zenmap-4.85BETA2-1.noarch.rpm

CRYPTO SIGS:
http://nmap.org/dist/sigs/

Please test it out and report any problems to nmap-dev!  And enjoy the
new release!  I'd like to feel confidant enough to post it on the Nmap
web site.  Here are the changes since the major 4.85BETA1 release:

o Added some duplicate GTK DLLs to Windows installer, as a temporary
  fix for this issue: http://seclists.org/nmap-dev/2009/q1/0207.html.
  The problem caused a warning message complaining of problems finding
  librsvg-2-2.dll to pop up 32 times before Zenmap would start.  We're
  still looking for a better fix. [Fyodor, Rob, Jah]

o Made a few improvements to nmap.xsl (details:
  http://seclists.org/nmap-dev/2009/q1/0210.html) [Tom Sellers]

o [Zenmap] New translation: French (contributed by Gutek)

o Updated the mswin32 installer build guide and posted it to
  http://nmap.org/data/win32-installer-zenmap-buildguide.txt [Fyodor]

o The xampp-default-auth.nse script was renamed to ftp-brute.nse since
  it has become more general.

Cheers,
Fyodor