Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Submit information text without whitespace

From: Henri Salo <fgeek () hack fi>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 11:59:10 +0200

On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 10:22:59AM -0800, bensonk () acm wwu edu wrote:
I believe the proper way to put URLs in plain text is to surround them
with angle brackets, like so:
"Service detection performed. Please report any incorrect results at
<http://nmap.org/submit/>."
I would like to suggest that if it is changed, it be changed to use the
angle bracket syntax.

I can't remember where I heard that, but I think somewhere there is a
spec that defines how to represent URLs in various media.

Benson

I thought about the same before sending that email to the list, but I
didn't know any good references to that syntax. It is the best way to
put addresses to programs in my opinion and I suggest it should be taken
to use.

---
Henri Salo