Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: request; zenmap screen size (height) adjustment

From: Michael Pattrick <mpattrick () rhinovirus org>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2009 18:43:52 -0500

On Fri, Jan 16, 2009 at 5:16 PM, David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com> wrote:
On Fri, Jan 16, 2009 at 02:04:39PM -0600, Nik Dronet wrote:
Thank you for a wonderful tool!  We are using your program on a Dell
Mini 9 running Ubuntu.  Our max screen resolution is 1024x600 and the
taskbar also uses a few pixels.  The zenmap gui is slightly taller and
fails to show completely on screen..  Can you customize it for scaling
the height smaller?

What version of Zenmap are you using? With 4.76 I can squish it down to
296 vertical pixels, even with big fonts configured. The screenshot at
http://nmap.org/book/zenmap-scanning.html#zenmap-fig-main is only 365
vertical pixels, which is cramped but usable.

David Fifield

The default version in Ubuntu Intrepid is 4.62, I wonder if we could
convince them to include the new version for netbook users.

--
Michael Pattrick
http://www.rhinovirus.org/math