Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Ncat without IPv6 and rpl_malloc

From: Dirk Loss <lists () dirk-loss de>
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2008 13:13:15 +0100

Brandon Enright wrote:
I think the overwhelming response here is going to to be an iPhone.
I'd be _very_ impressed if someone has managed to get Nmap on anything
smaller.

Personally, I have happily used Nmap on my Yoggie Open Firewall SOHO, which has about the size of an iPhone (thicker but lighter) and two standard Ethernet interfaces.

The smallest device I know that should be able to run Nmap (because it uses the same CPU, RAM and software development kit) is the Yoggie Open Firewall Pico, which has the size of a USB-stick. :-)

(But I don't know whether the Pico could be useful for scanning, because AFAIK they emulate Ethernet over USB using special drivers.)

Regards
Dirk