Nmap Development mailing list archives

Lua Programming Gems Book Released

From: "Patrick Donnelly" <batrick.donnelly () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 13:26:10 -0700

It surely feels like Christmas right about now. In addition to the
Nmap Network Scanner book (which I am thoroughly enjoying btw!) being
published [1], we now can also get Lua Programming Gems [2]. I know
many of you are looking for this sort of thing to improve your Lua
skillz so I thought I would mention it on this list. There is some
very excellent material in LPG (although I have yet to read it). In
particular, Roberto Ierusalimschy, the main architect of Lua, wrote a
chapter on optimization and performance.

[1] http://seclists.org/nmap-dev/2008/q4/0638.html
[2] http://www.lua.org/gems/

Enjoy your holidays,

--
-Patrick Donnelly

"One of the lessons of history is that nothing is often a good thing
to do and always a clever thing to say."

-Will Durant