Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Nmap crashing on Windows XP SP3

From: "Rob Nicholls" <robert () everythingeverything co uk>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2008 09:53:03 -0000 (UTC)

Hi Sylv,

I'm surprised you can get 3.55% through the scan before it crashes, this
suggests that you've got the runtime components and WinPcap properly
installed, and looking at the XML file you attached I think the right
versions of the SSL DLLs are being used by Nmap.

I think that a network card driver problem on XP would more than likely
cause a blue screen of death, but it might be worth upgrading them anyway
(if there are any newer drivers). I'm wondering if you've got something
else (e.g. a Layered Service Provider) that's causing Nmap to crash for
some reason. Do you have any firewall or VPN software installed? Disabling
them might not be sufficient to prevent the crash, you might need to
temporarily uninstall them.

Rob

Hi there,
Sorry to bother you, I am a new to the sceene and I would like to have a
go
at nmap 4.76 but it crashes on me after short time (after 3.55%).
Operating system running WinXP Pro SP3 up2date
Winpcap 4.0.2
Please have a look at the attached files.
Regards
Sylv