Nmap Development mailing list archives

How to identify which firewall is blocking my request...

From: KKWonder <r_kalidass () hotmail com>
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2008 15:24:19 -0700 (PDT)

It looks my previuos post was not accepted by the mailing-list, so I'm
posting it again here... sorry...

My application couldn't talk to the remote machine, it was timing out
always, so I downloded a copy of nmap to check the port used by my
application is blocked or not. So I ran it and found that the port is
filtered. There are 4 firewalls present between my computer and remote
machine... I need to identify which firewall is blocking my request, so that
I can request the respective owner to open the port for me for a couple of
hours. I looked at the nmap options, but I couldn't find the one which can
solve my problem, could someone help me to get options I should try to
identify blocking firewall.

Thanks for your help.