Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Zenmap output

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 14:27:10 -0700

On Fri, Nov 14, 2008 at 02:39:15PM -0500, Pierre wrote:
I have tested Zenmap 4.76  and really like the features, unfortunately
the output files do no appear to be able to be imported into any other
application. Presently I have been able to open them in Firefox and can
see the data, but other programs will only see the tags and not he data.

Could you let me know if there is a capability to export the Zenmap data
in any other format or to convert it.

What sort of programs are you trying to open Zenmap files in? Zenmap's
XML files are compatible with Nmap's XML output. There is documentation
on using this format at

http://nmap.org/book/output-formats-xml-output.html
http://nmap.org/book/output-formats-xml-with-perl.html

Unfortunately Zenmap doesn't currently retain the XML stylesheet
information that Nmap writes, so you can't won't get results like
http://nmap.org/book/output-formats-xml-output.html#output-formats-fig-xml-browser
if you open it in a web browser. Adding support for stylesheets is on my
list of things to do.

David Fifield