Nmap Development mailing list archives

ripeQuery.nse removed

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2008 17:22:04 -0800

Hi all.  After some (naming related) discussions with David, we
decided to delete the ripeQuery.nse script on the grounds that, while
it was quite useful for its time, the newer whois.nse contains all
that functionality and more.  Whois.nse is also more reliable because
it detects various common problems which can prevent ripeQuery from
working.

To its credit, ripeQuery certainly did a lot in few lines:

flog~/nmap/scripts>wc whois.nse ripeQuery.nse
 2186 12112 89775 whois.nse
   38   117   865 ripeQuery.nse

Anyway, if I'm wrong and someone things we SHOULD keep ripeQuery.nse,
please speak up and we can potentially resurrect it.

Cheers,
-F