Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Mac OSX Problems

From: JohnDoe <hommeentete () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 02 Nov 2008 20:00:01 -0600

Try using

-e <interface>

in order to specify what interface you're using.  Wireless interfaces on
the Mac are usually en1 but you can check by looking at your Network
Preferences through System Preferences or opening terminal and entering
'ip addr' (what's inside the quotes, with a space).

Nmap's man page says this about the e flag:

         -e <interface> (Use specified interface)
              Tells Nmap what interface to send and receive packets on. Nmap
              should be able to detect this automatically, but it will tell
              you if it cannot.

--hommeentete