Nmap Development mailing list archives

SSL library failure on Leopard

From: Jay Chandler <lists () sequestered net>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 15:17:02 -0700

I know David mentioned this a while back-- is this on anyone's radar to get resolved in the near future? I can work around it by configuring --without-openssl, but that's rather obviously non-ideal.

The problem comes into play due to the fact that the version of OpenSSL shipped with Leopard isn't new enough...

nse_openssl.cc: In function ‘int l_bignum_set_negative(lua_State*)’:
nse_openssl.cc:149: error: ‘BN_set_negative’ was not declared in this scope
nse_openssl.cc: In function ‘int l_bignum_is_negative(lua_State*)’:
nse_openssl.cc:156: error: ‘BN_is_negative’ was not declared in this scope
make[1]: *** [nse_openssl.o] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2