Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [NSE] SMB authentication patch

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 12:40:58 -0600

On Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 11:12:07AM -0500, Ron wrote:
How come I don't see my main "david" account? Is it because it's the
same as the Administrator account? It was the account I set up the
computer with.

Well, I see a couple odd things:
- You were able to enum accounts through LSA but not through SAMR. LSA
is a bruteforce type lookup, so it can miss accounts. I'm guessing it's
a permissions thing, try assigning the user to the administrators group
and see if you get better information.

jrandom is an administrator, and I tried with my "david" user name and
password with the same results.

- The first account, with RID 1010, seems to have the username
",\xE0J\xC0V". I'm not sure if it's supposed to be obfuscated or if I
ended up in the wrong field, but it would be useful if you could send me
a pcap. RID 1018 is also odd, "Kurt G\xF6del" -- is the username in
unicode or is it being read incorrectly?

Those are special names that I use for Zenmap internationalization
testing, so they are supposed to be non-ASCII. See
http://seclists.org/nmap-dev/2008/q3/0796.html.

David Fifield