Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Ncat and -e in Windows

From: Ron <ron () skullsecurity net>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 19:54:48 -0500

Adrian Crenshaw wrote:
Hi all,
     I got ncat to compile in Windows, but when I run it with the -e
(execute option) I get the message:

Sorry, the -e option is unavailable on Windows due to lack of fork()

How do you shovel a shell without -e ?

Thanks,
Adrian

One way to do it without -e is to use two separate instances, one for
sending commands and one for receiving. Here's an example using netcat,
simply because I know it, this should be universal:

$ nc -l -p2222 | cmd | nc -l -p 3333

Then you'll want to connect on both 2222 and 3333. You can run commands
on port 2222, and you'll see the output on 3333.

(Note: untested, your mileage may vary :) )

Interestingly, you can do something similar with a pair of telnets
connecting outbound, completely bypassing the need to copy a file to the
Windows machine. Ed Skoudis taught me that one!

Ron