Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Issue with nmap-4.75 on Solaris 10 and IPv6

From: "John Jason Brzozowski" <jjmbcom () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 18:48:11 -0400

Can I pull down the patch to test it?  If yes can you tell me which files?

Thanks,

John

On 9/25/08, David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com> wrote:
On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 05:47:37PM -0600, David Fifield wrote:
On Wed, Sep 17, 2008 at 01:04:44AM -0400, John Jason Brzozowski wrote:
Also checked in the nbase/config.log file and found the following:

ac_cv_define_sockaddr_in6=yes

It seems that this variable represents the IPv6 state of the server,
assuming I am reading the configure script correctly.

Can you look in nbase/config.log for where the test for getnameinfo is
done? It will start with a line like

configure:5696: checking for library containing getnameinfo

and there should be a block of source code after the line

configure: failed program was:

Please send that excerpt of nbase/config.log, or just send the whole
file to Kris or me.

Thanks, that file solved the mystery. Here is the releval portion:

configure:6078: checking for working getnameinfo
configure:6141: gcc -o conftest -g -O2 -Wall    conftest.c -lsocket  >&5
conftest.c:71: warning: return type of 'main' is not `int'
conftest.c: In function `main':
conftest.c:78: warning: implicit declaration of function `inet_addr'
conftest.c:87: warning: implicit declaration of function `exit'
inet_addr                           /var/tmp//cceNYDLh.o  (symbol belongs to
implicit dependency /usr/lib/libnsl.so.1)
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to conftest
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
configure:6144: $? = 1
configure: program exited with status 1

The test was failing not because of a missing getnameinfo, but because
inet_addr didn't have a necessary library. I committed a change to fix
and I tested it on Solaris 9.

David Fifield