Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [SOLVED] Error on ./configure; MacOS 10.5.5

From: Jay Chandler <lists () sequestered net>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 23:45:33 -0700

Jay Chandler wrote:
Kris Katterjohn wrote:

Jay Chandler wrote:
After an SVN update to latest version:

checking if libpcap version is recent enough... yes
./configure: line 4684: syntax error near unexpected token `<<<'
./configure: line 4684: `<<<<<<< .mine'
configure: error: ./configure failed for ncat

What'd you break, Kris? :-p This works correctly compiling from svn on FreeBSD 7.0-p4 and Fedora 9 latest.

I broke it because you ditched on hanging out with me at DEFCON :)

Nah, it looks like the configure is conflicted. Your best bet is probably to
delete the configure and svn up again.

You might want to also check if anything else is conflicted by issuing an svn
stat and checking for files with a "C" starting the line (i.e. like the
externals have "X" and modified files have "M").
Hmm, I seem to have solved it.

It may be worth mentioning that when I configure, I pass PYTHON=/opt/local/bin/python2.5 so the proper version of Python is used (built from MacPorts).

in nmap/ncat, a ./configure; make generates:

configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating Makefile
config.status: WARNING: Makefile.in seems to ignore the --datarootdir setting
config.status: creating config.h
config.status: config.h is unchanged
Singularity:ncat jchandler$ make
make: Nothing to be done for `all'.
Singularity:ncat jchandler$

A make clean fixed this, and it made and compiled after a complete SVN refresh; musta been an artifact from a previous build.
My normal routine is:
svn up
./configure
make PYTHON=/opt/local/bin/python2.5
sudo make uninstall
sudo make install
make distclean

resulted in a successfull build, but at the end of it:

cd ../nsock/src && make clean
make[2]: *** No rule to make target `clean'.  Stop.
make[1]: *** [nsock_clean] Error 2
make: [ncat_dist_clean] Error 2 (ignored)

which I can live with.  Just found it interesting...

--
Jay Chandler / KB1JWQ
Living Legend / Systems Exorcist