Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [RFC] Fix for non-socket select()s: fselect()

From: "Kris Katterjohn" <katterjohn () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 01:58:56 +0530

On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 1:07 AM, David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com> wrote:
On Tue, Sep 09, 2008 at 08:06:03AM +0530, Kris Katterjohn wrote:
I've forced myself to stay in Windows long enough to where I think I
managed to get a good work-around for non-socket select()s! [1]

So, if there are no objections, I'll commit this (and the Ncat changes) soon.

I tested it on Windows with

nmap scanme.nmap.org --script=all -sV
nmap -sT scanme.nmap.org --script=all -sV

and it worked fine.

Thanks for testing that, David.

After talking with Fyodor, I've committed the changes to Nbase, Nsock
and Ncat.  The only real difference is that the select()s called in
the loop have a 125ms timeout instead of the 250ms mentioned
previously.

David Fifield

Thanks,
Kris Katterjohn