Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: nmap-4.75 : make still fails with --without-liblua

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2008 00:23:12 -0700

On Tue, Sep 09, 2008 at 05:57:08PM +0200, Simon Zilliken wrote:
Hello there,

make makefile.dep fails if --without-liblua is set, complaining about missing
header files:

nse_main.h:5:19: error: lua.h: No such file or directory
nse_main.h:6:22: error: lualib.h: No such file or directory
nse_main.h:7:23: error: lauxlib.h: No such file or directory

This is because -DNOLUA is prepended to CXXFLAGS only, not CPPFLAGS. A
possible solution would be to add CXXFLAGS to the makefile.dep rule in
Makefile.in, line 261:

Hi Simon.  I've made this change in SVN and also a related change.  It
seems to do the trick from my testing, but if you still have trouble
with this, let me know.

Cheers,
-F