Nmap Development mailing list archives

Service Submission Question

From: Jay Chandler <lists () sequestered net>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 15:51:02 -0700

Howdy. We've got a bunch of NRPE (remote Nagios agent) clients on our networking listening on port 5666. nmap doesn't know what to make of these, and due to the way our local infrastructure is designed, they won't respond to non SSL requests, nor requests from non-allowed hosts.

What's the best way to elicit a service fingerprint for classification? If nothing else we can use the standard port (5666) as the designated nrpe port, but thought there might be a more elegant way to handle this...

--
Jay Chandler / KB1JWQ
Living Legend / Systems Exorcist