Nmap Development mailing list archives

NMAP FEATURE FREEZE

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2008 21:51:22 -0700

It has been more than two months since the last Nmap release, and the
CHANGELOG is getting huge!  I'm working on it now.  I'm hoping to put
out a new test release soon (ideally in the next 24 hours) and then a
stable release after a few days of testing.

So please concentrate your efforts for the next 3-5 days (until the
stable release) on stability improvements and bug fixing.  Please
don't check in any material new features without discussing it with me
first.  Small bug fixes are welcome.

Any testing of the latest SVN version is welcome.  Please report (or
fix!) any problems found.

This should be a great release, once we get it out there!  Both Nmap
and Zenmap have improved dramatically since June 28.  Windows 2000
users will love the new version too :).

Cheers,
-F