Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Consolidating fatal() and pfatal() and error(), oh my!

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 21:35:53 -0700

On Fri, Aug 29, 2008 at 02:10:28AM +0000, Brandon Enright wrote:
up with an elegant solution for tackling the problem.  The nicest thing
would be to take all of the routines (except maybe error()) and move
them to Nbase.  We could also share most of the implementation of
pfatal() and gh_perror().  The trouble with this move is that we
lose the additional logging features of the Nmap error routines.

Good point.  It is important that the logging features not be lost.

-F