Nmap Development mailing list archives

nmap command line to execute the nse script only

From: Vlatko Kosturjak <kost () linux hr>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 00:26:45 +0200

Hello!

I'm just reading book chapter about NSE:
http://nmap.org/book/nse.html

I'm looking for a command line to execute the script only and exit.
I did not find anything except this:
nmap -sP --script script.nse ip

But, that's fine if script doesn't depend on some open port (or not?).
Is there any way to pass via command line that some port is open (to
force script to execute).

So, is there something like that in Nmap? If not, If I send patch to
support that - will it be accepted (I mean from design stand point of
view, of course, I understand it depends about the quality of the patch
- too) i.e. that I don't start patching if you think it will not have
good use in Nmap.

Why I'm asking that is that I'm thinking to implement .nse support for
openvas, so there's no point in portscanning every time it will check
for vulnerability (once for nasl, once for each nse, ...). It would be
good just to pass ports open and script to execute.

I plan to implement NSE support firstly just to execute nmap with some
command line and maybe later natively using libnse...

If somebody is interesting what's happening with openvas: it's moving.
New releases are released and there is two sources of plugins: openvas
one and alienvault one which is updated daily at:
http://www.alienvault.com/free_nessus_feed.php
(it supports nessus and openvas)

There is also contest going on where you can win up to 600 EURos for
implementing some feature in OpenVAS. Feel free to implement something
useful and grab the prize:
http://www.openvas.org/openvas-contest.html

Thanks in advance!

Kost