Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Zenmap profiles

From: "Michael Pattrick" <mpattrick () rhinovirus org>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 00:00:21 -0400

Hey David,

On Sun, Aug 24, 2008 at 11:26 PM, David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com> wrote:
I think that "Intense Scan", "Quick Scan", and "Regular Scan" should

I find it odd that none of the default profiles use NSE, is there a
reason for this? Perhaps the intense scan could be modified as
follows:
nmap -A -T Aggressive --script=default -v <target>

Finally, if you have used Zenmap you've probably noticed that it used
"-T Aggressive" rather than "-T4".

I like T4 more as well but it might be less intuitive for beginners,
but I'm interested in hearing what others think of this.

Cheers,
Michael