Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Little bug with output from script

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2008 12:30:30 -0600

On Mon, Aug 18, 2008 at 07:26:20PM +0200, A. Ramos wrote:
Hello all,
I found some little bug with stdout from scripts when running into directory
with other nmap-servces file.

[root@www bhdc08]#  nmap -p80,8080,3128
--script=/home/aramosf/tools/nmap/scripts/HTTP_open_proxy.nse X.X.X.X

[root@www bhdc08]#  nmap -p80,8080,3128
--script=/home/aramosf/tools/nmap/scripts/HTTP_open_proxy.nse X.X.X.X 2>a

I can't reproduce this. Am I right, the only difference in the two
commands is that you redirected stderr to a file in the second one? Did
I miss the point, or is that what you suspect caused the script output
to be printed in the second case but not the first?

David Fifield