Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: BHDC08 Version of Nmap/Zenmap

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 08:59:15 -0600

On Tue, Aug 12, 2008 at 01:05:35AM -0700, Jay Chandler wrote:
Not that this is really an Nmap/Zenmap error, but when trying to
compile the BHDC08 version of Nmap/Zenmap on the latest version of
Mac OS X I get the following error:

ImportError: No module named pangocairo

Both Pango and Cairo are installed, but I'm not sure about
Pangocario?  From the little I could find... It is supposed to be
automatically created  if when both the pango and cario packages are
installed.  Couldn't find anything concrete.

Any ideas?  Has anybody been able to compile this on Mac OS X?

I've solved this particular issue, though I get hung up a bit later on
down the road.

I'm on Leopard, with MacPorts installed.  Pangocairo is installed as
part of the pango package, so I don't have to jump through those hoops.
If you're not willing to install from MacPorts, I'd suggest looking to
the pango folks as to how best to get the pangocairo library working.

My issue:

I compile correctly, and the system installs, but zenmap bombs at
runtime with: ImportError: No module named gtk

I think I need to pass the correct python prefix (the version of
Python from MacPorts lies under /opt/local, but I can't find the right
argument) to ./configure.  ./configure --help doesn't reveal the magic
invocation, so I'm hoping someone here has some wisdom.

Use the PYTHON environment variable when configuring:

        PYTHON=/opt/local/bin/python ./configure ...

or maybe

        PYTHON=/opt/local/bin/python2.5 ./configure ...

David Fifield