Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [UPDATED] [SCRIPT] Check DNS server against porttest, txidtest (CVE-2008-1447)

From: Duane Wessels <wessels () dns-oarc net>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 21:27:26 +0000 (UTC)

On Mon, 28 Jul 2008, Brandon Enright wrote:

So attached are two scripts, the first queries porttest and the second
txidtest.  I would like to use just one script.  It seems 'hard' though
to send two packets on a socket and then do a select() on that socket
in Lua.  If someone wants to combine these scripts I'm all for it.

If it helps you I also considered combining both tests into a single
query/response.  That is you would send one query and get back two
TXT records in the response.

DW