Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Finalized NSE Documentation System

From: "Patrick Donnelly" <batrick.donnelly () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2008 20:41:35 -0600

Hi,

On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 3:45 PM, DePriest, Jason R. <jrdepriest () gmail com> wrote:
On Sat, Jun 28, 2008 at 5:25 AM, Patrick Donnelly <> wrote:
[- - - - cut lots of things - - - - -]

====

Please post any questions or comments here.

Cheers,

--
-Patrick Donnelly

I have a dumb question.  Can the documentation be embedded in the
script itself (like perl module files) or so we need to create a
separate xml file for the docs?

Yes, the documentation is comments within the script. Attached is an
example script (anonFTP.nse) and library (stdnse.lua) you can look at
(it seems I forgot to do that).

Cheers,

--
-Patrick Donnelly

"One of the lessons of history is that nothing is often a good thing
to do and always a clever thing to say."

-Will Durant