Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Bad IP-checksums

From: Gisle Vanem <gvanem () broadpark no>
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2008 16:23:29 +0200

"David Fifield" <david () bamsoftware com> wrote:

The UDP checksum is correct but the IP checksum is wrong.  The
documentation for the U1 probe says that the IPID is supposed to be set
to 0x1042 but yours are set to 0x4210.

And some of the packets contains IP-chksum 0x0000. Like nmap forgot
to set it. Doesn't look like a endian issue in all cases.

This was an Nmap bug that was fixed by Michael in r7814:

http://seclists.org/nmap-dev/2008/q2/0536.html

Trying to fetch nmap via svn, I'm getting this error:

  Running "svn update"
  Fetching external item into 'nbase'
  External at revision 9124.

  Fetching external item into 'zenmap'
  svn: Working copy 'zenmap/test' not locked

I've never seen this before. Something wrong at my end?

--gv