Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: nmap-os-db reaches 1500 signatures

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2008 15:20:02 -0600

On Fri, Jul 25, 2008 at 01:05:31PM -0700, doug () hcsw org wrote:
On Fri, Jul 25, 2008 at 11:13:11AM -0600 or thereabouts, David Fifield wrote:
Because Michael's program makes OS integration easier, it also makes for
higher-quality fingerprints. By showing all the close matches at once,
it allows me to decide which is the correct fingerprint to modify. I can
see when two fingerprints are very similar and merge them. Several
near-duplicate fingerprints were merged in this latest round of
integration.

OMFG that sounds l33t. Screenshots?

Um, okay. I put them on the requirements page:

http://www.bamsoftware.com/wiki/Nmap/OSIntegratorAssistantRequirements

Or here are direct links to the images:

http://www.bamsoftware.com/wiki/uploads/Nmap/OSassist-match.png
http://www.bamsoftware.com/wiki/uploads/Nmap/OSassist-diff.png