Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Resend: Issues cross-compiling nmap-4.68

From: "Philip A. Prindeville" <philipp () redfish-solutions com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 14:21:49 -0700

David Fifield wrote:
On Tue, Jul 22, 2008 at 08:53:41AM -0700, Philip Prindeville wrote:

Anyone?  We're trying to get release 0.5 finalized and this is a
showstopper for us.  Any assistance appreciated.

Did you try --with-libpcap=included as I suggested in
http://seclists.org/nmap-dev/2008/q3/0098.html?

--with-libpcap=no is mistaken; Nmap requires libpcap, either it's own
copy or a system copy. The test for the system copy is broken with
respect to cross-compiling, but using the included copy should avoid
that.

David Fifield

Sorry, not on the mailing list, so didn't see it.  But the short answer
is "no":

( \
   ./configure \
                --with-liblua=included \
                --without-zenmap \
                --with-libpcap=included \
        )
checking for library containing putmsg... no
checking for ether_hostton... no
checking if --disable-protochain option is specified... enabled
configure: error: pcap type not determined when cross-compiling; use --with-pcap=...
configure: error: ./configure failed for libpcap
make: *** [/home/philipp/trunk2/build_i586/nmap-4.68/.configured] Error 1
[philipp@tosh ~/trunk2]$